- Record 3.3 million Americans file for unemployment
- US stimulus: are you eligible and how much will you get?
- What happens if Trump loosens restrictions too soon?
- See all our coronavirus coverage
- Support the Guardian’s independent journalism. Make a contribution
Basketball star Stephen Curry is currently hosting a q & a with Dr Fauci on Instagram as a way to try to inform young people and other Americans who may get much of their news from social media about the coronavirus.
The live chat has already surpassed 50,000 viewers, including at least one former president.
We’re getting a lot of updates from states and cities around the country:
Brian Kemp, the Republican governor of Georgia, announced that schools K-12 will be closed through April 24, which is two weeks after the Easter holiday, Trump’s desired deadline for “reopening” the country.
#BREAKING There are now 2,305 cases of COVID-19 in Louisiana and 83 deaths, according to the Dept. of Health.
In Central Louisiana:
– 25 cases, 1 death in Rapides
– 7 cases in Avoyelles
– 5 cases in Allen
– 2 cases in Natchitoches
– 1 cases in Grant
– 2 cases in Vernon
THE LATEST: : The Pennsylvania Department of Health confirms 560 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the state total to 1,687. https://t.co/q9bbzJ9FAX